Debbie has been with Moorside Training for nine years. She has a total of 16 years’ teaching experience, including at Keighley College. She has taught all levels of ICT skills to a wide variety of age groups and taught on qualification courses such as OCR/RSA Text Processing (Business Professional) and CLAiT courses.
Our “Excel Intermediate” training workshop, which is offered in association with Moorside Training, is a practical session giving you the opportunity to develop your skills further to deal with more complex spreadsheets.
Is it for you?
The course is aimed at people who have undertaken the Excel Basics course, or who have an equivalent knowledge of Excel. You may be employed, or be looking for work, and need to improve and extend your Microsoft Excel skills. Anyone who is going to be using Excel at home is also welcome.
What to expect
The workshop will aim to provide you with an understanding of more advanced spreadsheet concepts and will provide practical experience of dealing with data and formulae in newly created or existing spreadsheets.
- Working with multiple worksheets or workbooks
- Linking data across worksheets or workbooks
- Formatting options, including conditional formatting
- Using the Find and Replace tool
- Using data entry forms
- Formulae and absolute/relative cell references
- An introduction to functions, eg “IF”, “AVERAGE”, “COUNT” etc
- Producing graphs and charts from sets of data
- Saving a standard layout as a template
- Protecting a spreadsheet (creating a password or applying “read only”)
- Advanced printing options, including hiding rows and/or columns; adding headers and footers and other automatic information
After the session you will be able to:-
- Deal with multiple worksheets/workbooks, including linking data
- Use more advanced formatting techniques
- Use a variety of methods to ensure data is input correctly and cannot be changed if necessary
- Make calculations using more complex formulae and functions
- Produce charts and graphs from sets of data
- Use templates and protection for saving your own spreadsheet design
- Personalise printouts to include specific information