Phil has extensive experience and knowledge of both the business world and the local area. Phil ran his own business and lectured in business studies before becoming an adviser. He currently specialises in assisting existing businesses in business growth and is also extremely well-placed to assist in any other areas of business advice including Start-Up advice.
If you’ve got to that point in your life where you believe that running your own business/being your own boss/being self employed could be right for you then this is the Workshop to help you decide.
Our Start Your Own Business Workshop will equip you with an essential business skills toolbox covering: Marketing, Finance and Legal.
Is it for you?
This workshop is aimed at individuals whether employed or unemployed who are thinking about starting a business or becoming self-employed or in the first few months of trading
What to expect
- What’s The Big Idea? – We explore your business idea and what it means for you. Skills needs and legal aspects – including premises and insurances will be covered also.
- Who’s The Boss? – Then we examine the different types of legal business structure that can be chosen; includes sole trader, partnerships, limited company, social enterprise.
- How Much? – This is the crucial Marketing aspect of starting a business.
- Includes: Market Research Methods, Identifying Competition, Pricing your product or service.
- Where’s The Money? – An introduction to the main financial document you need: The Cash Flow Forecast. Also covers some of the main accounting terms that you might come across. This section will also cover Business Grants and the Start Up Loan.
By the end of the workshop you will be equipped with the skills that you will need to help you decide whether self-employment is right for you.
- Understand the basics of business planning and cash flow forecasting
- Understand the legalities of becoming self-employed or starting a business
- Understand different finance for business – bank loans/start up loans/grants etc