Debbie has been with Moorside Training for nine years. She has a total of 16 years’ teaching experience, including at Keighley College. She has taught all levels of ICT skills to a wide variety of age groups and taught on qualification courses such as OCR/RSA Text Processing (Business Professional) and CLAiT courses.
Our “Word – Further Skills” training workshop, which is offered in association with Moorside Training, is a practical session giving you the opportunity to develop your skills to create and edit more complex documents.
Is it for you?
The course is aimed at people who have undertaken the Word for Beginners course, or who have an equivalent knowledge of Word. You may be employed, or be looking for work, and need to improve and extend your Microsoft Word skills. Anyone who is going to be using Word at home is also welcome.
What to expect
The workshop will aim to provide you with an understanding of more advanced word processing operations and will provide practical experience of displaying information and text in a variety of ways.
- Additional formatting (eg using Format Painter, WordArt, borders and shading, page borders)
- Inserting special characters, fractions, symbols, superscript/subscript etc
- Inserting pictures
- Creating and using text boxes
- Creating simple tables to display information
- Sorting a column
- Making use of AutoCorrect, AutoFormat and Building Blocks
- Using page breaks
- Customizing headers and footers
- Editing partly completed draft documents
- Creating a letter using a business-acceptable layout
- Creating and saving templates
- Protecting a document (creating a password or applying “read only”)
After the session you will be able to:-
- Create, edit and complete business letters and multi-page documents using generally accepted layout conventions
- Display text and pictures in a variety of ways
- Enhance the document with a variety of “special effects”
- Use a variety of “auto” tools to assist accuracy and consistency
- Use Building Blocks to insert repetitive standard paragraphs
- Use templates and document protection for saving your own document design